UMSI graduates are leaders and change agents connecting people, information, and technology in innovative ways to address the critical and complex issues facing our fast-paced, global, and increasingly digital society.
Our Career Development Office makes sure recruiting top talent from UMSI is easy and productive. We know our students individually, and are able to match their knowledge and skills with employers’ needs. We provide customized strategies to help employers connect with our students.
Review the opportunities below, then let us know what you'd like to pursue. For job postings, feel free to use the direct link to iTrack.
To come see us, request an on-campus recruiting visit.
For everything else, and any questions you might have, contact:
Mike Williams, Employer Relations Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org / 734-647-7650
We're looking forward to meeting you!
On-Campus Recruiting Options
• Information sessions*—Share information and promote your organization to a group of students.
• Formal and/or mock interviews*
• Portfolio & resume reviews*— Meet one-on-one with students to give feedback on their materials.
• Office hours—Answer students’ questions and promote your organization.
• Student engagement & networking events—Lead a design jam, data jam, or archives blitz with students to gain insight and solutions to real information challenges.
• Career fair—Promote, network and recruit at our annual career fair.
• UMSI expoSItion—See students’ projects and skills in action at this reverse career fair event.
• Your own Company Day—Design a half or full day of customized, on-campus activities.
*Can’t visit campus? These services are available for remote participation.
Off-Campus Recruiting Options
• Career insider experience—Host a group of students at your location for greater insight into your organization and work culture.
• Client-based course projects— A team of UMSI students adopt your information project for a semester and work with you to provide solutions.
• Community & service projects— A student team helps with information projects for your community or service-based organization.
• Online recruitment system (iTrack)—Post jobs and internships any time, at no cost. Click the link to get started.
• Resume books—Gain access to a customized collection of resumes.
Who’s hiring UMSI grads?
Our graduates work at major software firms, eBusinesses, social media companies, national libraries and many of the world's leading businesses in a wide variety of areas. Among the organizations that have hired UMSI grads:
- The Henry Ford
- Hewlett- Packard
- Kaiser Permanente
- Library of Congress
- Mayo Clinic
- New York Public Library
- Northrop Grumman
- Quicken Loans
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Archives
- The Smithsonian
- Trinity Health
- University of Notre Dame Library
- Walt Disney
- The World Bank
- Yale University Library