Build your career development skill set and connect with employers
The UMSI Career Development Office provides career advising, career development resources and a variety of ways to engage with employers who want to hire UMSI students. Some examples:
- Information sessions— Network with and learn about organizations who are interested in hiring UMSI students.
- Formal and/or mock interviews— Gain interview experience while showing real employers what you have to offer.
- Portfolio & resume reviews— Fine-tune your resume and/or portfolio by getting feedback from employers.
- Office hours— Ask employers questions directly to learn more about their organizations.
- Student engagement & networking events— Participate in a design jam, data jam, or archives blitz to show employers your skills in action.
- Career fair— Network with a variety of employers all in one place.
- Elevate Your Passion— Before the career fair, 10 UMSI students are given the opportunity to give a TEDtalk-style presentation about how their field of study and passions will elevate their careers.
- UMSI expoSItion— Show off your projects and skills at this reverse career fair event.
- Company Days— Attend a half or full day of activities customized by an employer.
- Career insider experience— Visit an employer’s location for greater insight into their organization and work culture.
- Client-based course projects— Work as a team on a real organization’s information project over the course of a semester.
- Community & service projects— Work on a team to help a community or service-based organization with an information project.
- iTrack— Check iTrack to view jobs posted by employers looking to hire UMSI students.
- Resume books— Have your resume featured in a book that will be given to employers that could benefit from your skills.